Saturday, September 6, 2014

Intro to Jan

Hi, my name is Jan Balan. I recently turned fifteen and I am half Korean, and half Indian. I go to Whitney Young High School as a freshman, but I've attended the Academic Center for two years. I have two parents and a brother who is a junior. Besides trying to survive school, my interests include reading and writing, swimming (I used to swim competitively), and photography. I also play Intermediate Guitar in school.
I love to travel. Not travel as in, let's go to McDonalds!, but travel as in to different countries. If I ever get to, I will travel all around Europe, and go to Korea, which is one of my favorite places in the world.

Apart from all these basic facts about myself, I believe the most important thing in my life and really what defines me is music, especially piano. I probably listen to music more than anything else. But I started playing piano when I was seven years old, and I don't think I will ever stop. I've participated and won in many piano competitions and currently go to People's Music School for lessons. My dream is to become a concert pianist and then teach it to aspiring learners.

No comments:

Post a Comment